Brussels Sprouts conjure up visions of tiny cabbages that have been brought to the Thanksgiving table in a bland, grey, steaming heap. These little guys often go untouched and just sit on the table in their little pile of sadness. This polarizing dish has been ripping families apart for years, and yet when prepared the Redifarms way, everyone in the family comes together.
We at Redifarms have found the best way to present them and bring out their best features is to roast them. When roasted these beauties become a delectable treat that engages all the senses with hints of garlic, sweet honey or agave caramelization, tangy balsamic vinegar, pops of hot chili pepper flakes, and a crispy and tender irrespirable texture that everyone from Grandma to the Grandkids will enjoy.
1 Packet Fresh Brussels Sprouts
3 tablespoons (divided) of Patricia & Paul Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons (divided) of Patricia & Paul Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons (divided) Honey (or Agave for a vegan option)
1 heaping teaspoon Hot Chili Pepper Flakes
2 heaping teaspoons of chopped Redifarms Rosemary
4 Cloves of Minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional – healthy sprinkle of fresh grated plant-based parmesan cheese
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with your preference of either parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and pat your Brussels Sprouts dry. Slice off the ends and slice down the center, creating two halves.
- Deposit your Brussels Sprouts in a bowl, where you will combine 2 tablespoons of the Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Honey, or Agave (depending on your preference), as well as all of the Hot Chili Flakes, chopped Redifarms Rosemary and minced garlic. Toss together until all the sprouts are evenly coated, adding more oil or vinegar to ensure all pieces are completely coated.
- Place each half on a lined baking sheet face down, once all pieces are on the sheet use the remaining bits in the bowl to cover the halves, and drizzle the remaining teaspoon of balsamic, oil, and honey or agave over the halves.
- Bake at 400 until crispy and caramelized, depending on your oven this could take 30 minutes or less.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with plant-based cheese