Whether you are looking for the perfect ending to a full family feast, the most excellent compliment to a lazy Sunday, or something sweet to end any occasion, this plant-based dessert is sure to please. Our pavlova is a light, eggless meringue with a fluffy, marshmallow center. We, at Redifarms, serve it topped with plant-based whipped cream and fresh seasonal fruit.
Equipment: Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- ⅓ cup Reduced Aquafaba (see below on how to reduce)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Superfine Redifarms Stevia (dried and ground into a powder) + some for decoration
- Plant-Based Whipped Cream of choice
- Seasonal Berries of choice (we used figs, pomegranates, and strawberries)
- Redifarms Fresh Mint
- Preheat your oven to 265°F (240°F if using a fan or convection oven) and line a large tray with parchment paper.
- Measure out your dried and powdered Redifarms Stevia and set aside.
- Place the liquid from 1 regular-sized can of chickpeas in a small pot over medium-low heat. Pour it into a bowl to weigh it every so often and keep simmering it until you’re left with 1/3 cup of aquafaba. You want to just make sure you reduce it by half, whether that’s in weight or volume. After you’ve successfully reduced it, allow it to cool completely. When cold, it will start to congeal, a bit like egg whites would.
- Place the reduced aquafaba into a large, clean bowl along with the cream of tartar, vanilla, and cornstarch. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to mix until it becomes thick, pale, and frothy.
- Keep the mixer on and slowly start adding in the stevia, around 2 tablespoons at a time. Make sure the first 2 tablespoons of stevia are completely mixed in before adding the next 2.
- Keep whisking until the mixture forms very stiff peaks. If you’re using cornstarch, it will whip a lot quicker so just whisk for as long as you can before it starts sticking to the mixers. You should be able to hold the bowl upside down for a few seconds without the mixture moving around.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture onto your lined baking tray and bake for 2 hours.
- After this time, turn off the oven completely and do not open the door. Keep it in there with the door closed for at least 4 hours before removing it (leaving it overnight is ideal). This will give it time to firm up and prevent excess cracks. Don’t worry too much about any cracks though – they can be covered up with the cream.
- Whip up your cream of choice and spoon or pipe it onto the pavlova just before serving.
- Top with the fresh fruit of your choice and Redifarms fresh mint and enjoy!