Redifarms Radish Microgreen Baba Gannouj Recipe
Large Mixing Bowl | Small Saucepan | Stove Top | Spoon (for stirring) | Fork | Grill | Grill Tongs | Measuring Spoons | Sheet Tray
- 4 Large Eggplants
- 1 & ½ Tbsps of Tahini
- A Dash of Ground Allspice (optional)
- A Dash of Ground Cumin (optional)
- 2-6 Tbsps Redifarms radish microgreens
- Salt (to taste)
- Patricia & Paul Olive oil
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- 4-5 large garlic cloves
- Preheat the grill to high heat (around 400 degrees F).
- Prick your eggplants with a fork to create an area for steam to escape.
- Arrange the eggplants on the grill. Allow the skin to roast and caramelize on the grill, rotating frequently to ensure even roasting.
- Once they are just about too tender to pick up with your grill tongs where it appears that the eggplants have caved in on themselves remove them from the grill onto a sheet tray and allow them to rest until they are cool to the touch
- While your eggplants are resting, pour your Patricia & Paul olive oil, about three tablespoons worth, along with your garlic cloves into a saucepan over low heat on your stovetop. Stir occasionally until your garlic becomes soft and easy to mush with a fork.
- Once the garlic is soft and mushy, pour the cloves and oil into a large mixing bowl, reserving a small amount of oil for a drizzle garnish on the finished product. Add in the tahini and mush the garlic, oil, and tahini until homogenous. Set aside.
- Returning to the eggplant, split each down the center with a knife and remove as many of the strings of seeds as possible, scooping the rest of the flesh from the skins and adding to the bowl of garlic and tahini.
- Mush the eggplant with the garlic and tahini mixture until combine to your liking, add salt, cumin, and allspice to taste and the juice of half a lemon. Give a final stir to combine.
- Serve with a garnish of Redifarms radish microgreens and the reserved garlic-infused olive oil, alongside pita and/or pita chips or veggies (for a gluten-free friendly option). Will keep covered in the fridge for several days.