Lion’s Mane Mushroom Recipe: Crab Cakes
This Redifarms Lion’s Mane Mushroom Crab Cake recipe is so delicious you won’t believe it is meatless!
- 8 oz of Redifarms Lion’s Mane mushroom
- 1 flax egg (one tablespoon of flax seeds and three tablespoons of water mixed and set)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (or gluten free breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon homemade vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges to garnish
Quick Tartar Sauce
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Hand shred the Lion’s Mane Mushroom into pieces resembling the texture of lump crab meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flax egg, vegan mayonnaise, onion, homemade vegan Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper (to taste). Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the Redifarms Lion’s Mane Mushroom and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the breadcrumbs until fully incorporated.
- Form mixture into 3-4 equal size round flat patties (about ½ to ¾ inch thick).
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauté pan on medium/high heat.
- Cook patties for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Should be golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Add optional garnish, a squeeze of lemon, and enjoy!