- 3 cups cooked wild rice cooled
- 1 cup green grapes cut in half
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped – both green and white parts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- Handful of pomegranate seeds for color optional
- 1 tablespoon orange zest from one orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice preferably freshly squeezed (from one to two oranges)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine cooked and cooled wild rice, grapes, orange slices, scallions, microgreens, cranberries, and pecans in a large salad bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix orange juice, orange zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the wild rice salad. Give it a toss.
- If you have the time, allow it to sit for 30 minutes in the fridge for all the flavors to blend before serving. Serve.