Vegan Taco “Meat”
This Vegan Taco “Meat” is made entirely of plants! Generously seasoned with spices, it’s perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, quesadillas, or nachos, a treat even the kids will enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Adapted From Author: Nora Taylor
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 small head, or 3 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 4 ounces Redifarms Oyster Mushrooms
- 2-3 tablespoons of Patricia & Paul olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Redifarms Cilantro Microgreens to Garnish
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor. Pulse several times, creating cauliflower rice, but don’t process so much it becomes mushy. Add cauliflower rice to a large pan (at least 12 inches, or use a large pot).
- Now add the walnuts and your Redifarms Oyster mushrooms to the food processor. Pulse a few times until they have a similar consistency as the cauliflower. Don’t over process or you will have a paste. Dump them into the pan with the cauliflower.
- To the pan, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, adobo sauce (or chili powder), soy sauce, cumin, smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Turn the heat to medium-high, and stir until well combined. Continue to cook, stirring every couple minutes, for 15-20 minutes. Taste; add more salt or spices as desired.
- Remove from heat, serve in tacos, and garnish with Redifarms Cilantro Microgreens!
Option To Bake:
- To Bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large-rimmed sheet pan. In a large bowl, mix together the processed cauliflower, walnuts, Redifarms mushrooms, and all other ingredients. Spread onto the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring once in the middle of baking. Remove from the oven and serve.